Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme 2022 – Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme (BSCCS) has been started by the Education Department, Planning and Development Department and Labor Resource Department, Government of Bihar.
Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
This scheme was launched on 2nd October 2016. To implement this scheme, the Government of Bihar has established Education Finance Corporation. If you want to know all the information related to this scheme, then read this article thoroughly till the end.
Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme 2022Apply Online | Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana (BSSC)
Many boys and girls are not able to complete their higher education rather they all want to get higher education but due to some financial (money) problem, it is not possible.
Therefore, the Bihar government has made a provision of education loans for the students under the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme. The student who wants to study after 12th or polytechnic. Such students can apply for Bihar Student Credit Card.
- The student applying should be a citizen of Bihar.
- The student must have passed 12th.
- Students of any category can apply for this.
What is the benefit of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme?
You will get the following benefits from this scheme –
- Under this scheme, a student can get a loan of up to Rs 4 lakh from the bank.
- The state government itself is the guarantee of the loan taken under this scheme.
Documents Required for Bihar Student Credit Card
- Aadhar card of applicant and co-applicant
- PAN of applicant and co-applicant
- 10th and 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Certificate of Admission in Higher Educational Institution
- 2-2 photos of each of the student, parent and guarantor
- Address proof
- Family Income Certificate and Form 16
- Six months statement of parent’s bank account
- Identity card of the applicant (Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License etc.)
How To apply Online Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
- Here is a full step by step detail for the online application.
- Visit Official website: Click here
- Click here New Applicant Registration button
Filling the Form for New Registration
- On clicking on “New Applicant Registration“, You will be displayed the registration form
- Fill up the given below details-
- First Name as per 10th board.
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- And click on Send OTP
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number and email Id provided by you. Enter the OTP.
- Click on Submit Button.
- After The successful registration. Click on “Go to Home page”
- Login and Change the password.
- After Login Successfully, You will have to fill-up the form completely.
- Personal Information
- Educational Qualification
- Address Detail
- and Other Detail.
- Finally submit and print out the final application form.
The objective of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
Through the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme, the state government wants to fulfil many purposes, which are as follows –
- The Bihar government wants to improve the literacy figures in terms of higher education in the state. A large part of the students in the state drops out after 10th-12th.
- The government wants to promote the talent present in the state. By the year 2022, the target is to bring students across the state under the purview of this scheme.
- The government wants that the student should not have to go to the bank for a loan.
How to Apply step by step The objective of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
How to check Bihar Student Credit Card Status?
Follow the steps given below to check the status –
- Go to the Official Website
- Click on “Application Status”
- Select either Registration ID or Aadhar Card Number.
- Enter the Number you have selected.
- Now, enter Date of Birth and Captcha.
- Finally, click on “Submit” button.
- Status will be displayed on the screen.
Courses Under This Scheme for Approval of the Student Credit Card Scheme
There are many courses –
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- M.Sc/M.Tech Integrated course
- M.A/ M.Sc/ M.Com (All Subject)
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Hospital and Hotel Management
- General Nursing Midwifery (G.N.M)
- Diploma in Hotel Management (3 Years) (IHM Course)
- Diploma in Food, Nutrition/ Dietetics
- Diploma in Food Processing/ Food Production
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
- Degree/Diploma in Aeronautical, Pilot Training, Shipping
- BL/LLB (5 Year integrated Course)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B. P. Ed.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Mass Communication/Mass Media/Journalism
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor in Yoga (Entry Level +2)
- B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc (Engineering All Branches)
- B.Tech/ B.E
- B.Sc. in Fashion Technology/Designing/Apparel Designing/Footwear Designing
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc (Library Science)
- B.SC (Information Technology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science)
- B.Sc (Agriculture)
- B.A/ B.Sc/ B.com (All Subject)
- B.A./B.Sc.-B.Ed. (Integrated Courses)
Education Loan for Students under Student Credit Card Scheme
Bihar Govt had started Education Loan Waiver for Students who are taking education loans from banks under Student Credit Card (SCC) Scheme. Under BSCC Scheme Loan Waiver for Students, Govt had waived off student loans in case the students fails to get a job after completing their professional courses. On the other hand, if the students get employment, then he/she has to repay the loan amount in 82 easy instalments. Under the Bihar Student credit card scheme, class 12th pass out students can take loans to pursue further technical or general education and build their careers. Previously on 7 March 2018, the State Government has formed Bihar State Education Finance Corporation (BSEFC) for interest-free loan disbursement of up to 4 lakh Rupees to students.
The Bihar Govt is consistently laying emphasis on the importance of education and increasing awareness of it. The national Gross Enrollment Ratio (GRE) is 24% whereas the enrollment ratio in Bihar is 13% which is quite low. But the State Govt wants to take it to 30% and will later increase it to 35% and 40%. CM mentioned that the Govt must take concrete steps towards women empowerment through education to girls.
Under Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme, all the class 12th pass students can get loans for further education whether it is technical or general. Moreover, all the Matric (10th) pass students can also take the facility for financing their polytechnic studies. The education loan of up to Rs. 4 Lakh under the scheme will be provided without any interest. The loan can be utilized by the eligible students to pay the institutional fee, buy books, purchase computers, equipment and other things. In addition to this, This is important to note that the interest rate is just 1% for differently-abled, transgender and female students.